Working at HealthSavings means you’ll be part of an organization that supports its employees and customers. We delight in caring for each other, so we look for new employees who bring that can-do energy to work each day.
We want our employees to solve problems as they arise, and to help the customer beyond what they expect. So if you have initiative, this is your kind of company.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: GreatJobs@HealthSavings.com. (No phone calls or agencies, please.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Status & Salary: Full Time Exempt, Negotiable
Deadline: July 24
To understand, design and document HealthSavings’ business requirements and processes and translate them to specific software requirements.
- Liaise with HealthSavings’ key stakeholders, clients, vendors and sister companies to understand, analyze, define and document business requirements and processes
- Clarify business requirements, performing gap analysis between goals and existing procedures and designing process and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs
- Translate business requirements and processes to specific software requirements and work with developers to ensure implementation
- Define project requirements; identify project milestones, phases and elements; form project team(s); establish project budget(s); monitor project progress, including problem resolution, progress reports, recommended actions and adherence to requirements
- Assist with the development of new technical systems by establishing realistic business cases, designing and documenting work flow and providing solutions based on modern technological capabilities
- Evaluate data collected through task analysis, business process, client meetings, surveys and workshops; document analysis and work flows; obtain client sign-off as needed; prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Develop testing procedures, including scenarios and scripts, to ensure systems meet quality assurance standards; coordinate testing with various stakeholders, clients, vendors and sister companies
- Coordinate with stakeholders regarding trouble shooting, bug tracking and bug fixes
- Maintain written system protocols and references for users, updating procedures and providing training, as needed
- Protect and keep information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Adhere to rules, regulations and procedures and follow HealthSavings’ brand standards
- Regular travel required; approximately 3 multi-day trips per month
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to get the job done
- Excellent time management, project management, organization and planning skills; ability to deliver complex, large-scale projects on time and within budget and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent ability to analyze and document complex business requirements and designs
- Expertise in business process engineering and software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Visio
- Strong mathematical aptitude and ability to think analytically; ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to diplomatically facilitate discussions and negotiations with both internal and external stakeholders; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with SQL queries; ability to use SQL stored procedures and functions
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science or related field; master’s degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software design, documentation and development
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ and/or Certified Business Analysts Professional™ designation is a plus
- Experience in the financial services or retirement industry is a plus
This position requires the employee to work indoors in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have good hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp; and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read. The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with arms, talk and hear. On occasion, the employee may be required to lift, carry or move light to medium weights of 1-40 pounds.