Working at HealthSavings means you’ll be part of an organization that supports its employees and customers. We delight in caring for each other, so we look for new employees who bring that can-do energy to work each day.
We want our employees to solve problems as they arise, and to help the customer beyond what they expect. So if you have initiative, this is your kind of company.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: GreatJobs@HealthSavings.com. (No phone calls or agencies, please.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Title: Operations Director
Status & Salary: Full Time Exempt, Negotiable
Deadline: June 26
To plan, direct and coordinate the operations of HealthSavings with responsibility for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Understand the full scope of operations to generate new ideas that improve quality and the customer experience and create scale for rapid growth.
- Monitor the work of various departments in the organization involved in production to understand the operational workings of each department in detail and serve as a go-to resource for all operational matters.
- Coordinating between all the different departments and their heads, assist with planning with each department, and implement those strategies.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures including implementing best practices to maximize output in timely matter with minimal error.
- Supervising the operation department including establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities, establish work schedules, monitor and evaluate performance, conduct performance reviews and make recommendations for merit increases and promotions.
- Organize recruitment and placement of required
- Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services and facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Member of HealthSavings leadership team and provide strategic input. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans. Make plans and strategies to improve the overall performance in the company.
- Make reports to management about the operations of the company.
- Responsible for department metrics with a focus on volumes processed per hour.
- Responsible for quality metrics with a focus on error rates per 1,000.
- Reviewing the finances of operations.
- Assist in solving any disputes that arise within the company between different departments.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Collaborate closely with the President and other members of the HealthSavings team
- Follow HealthSavings’ brand standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required… approximately two weeks per year.
- Proven track record of managing and growing a highly effective operations department
- Knowledge and experience with organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Information technology skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management, project management, organization and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience developing and presenting proposals to executive management enabling well informed operations-related decision making
- Experience driving consensus across multiple stakeholders and working with cross-functional teams
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capabilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Visio
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of operations management experience for a rapidly scaling organization
- Experience in the financial services or retirement industry a plus
This position requires the employee to work indoors in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have good hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp; and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read. The employee is frequently required to sit, reach with arms, talk and hear. On occasion, the employee may be required to lift, carry or move light to medium weights of 1-40 pounds.